GREENE COUNTY RIGHT TO LIFE
Greene County Right to Life was started in the early 1970’s. Since then, there were some years that the organization was not active. The present group reactivated the RTL in August of 2002 after 2 years of inactivity. Roe vs. Wade was handed down by the Supreme Court in January 1973 making abortion legal in all 50 states, all 9 months of pregnancy and for any reason. This was the reason Greene County Right to Life was organized.
Greene County Right to Life is committed to educating those in our county about the horrors of abortion and the need to treat all Life with respect. These are a few of our activities to fulfill our mission:
· 1. A monthly meeting is held on the first Monday of most months at the Greene County General Hospital. The meeting is announced in the Daily World and by newsletter.
· 2. Over 400 monthly newsletters are sent, containing information on what is happening locally and in our nation and state in the pro-life movement and announce our upcoming meetings.
· 3. At least two pro-life ads are placed in the Daily World newspaper each year as a way to educate about the Sanctity of Life.
· 4. GCRTL has a display each year at the Apple Festival in Bloomfield.
· 5. Since the present group has been organized 23 Pro-Life billboards have been placed in the county. GCRTL has a testimony of a lady that was driving to Bloomington to go to Planned Parenthood to have the abortion and she saw one of our signs which says “ABORTION, The Ultimate Child Abuse”. She decided to not have the abortion. At least one other woman seeing the same sign changed her mind. If you feel God’s leading to place a sign on your property, please let us know.
· 6. GCRTL donates to Pregnancy Choices in Linton. PC's mission is to stop abortions and to help young women with material needs for their newborn babies. The clients are trained in many areas from pregnancy to potty training and also Bible Studies.
· 7. Greene County Right to Life is an Affiliate of and contributor to Indiana Right to Life.
In the United States, over 62 million babies have lost their lives to abortion since Roe v Wade was handed down on January 22, 1973. Can you believe over 62 million babies aborted!!!!!! Who were those babies?? What great leader, scientist, doctor, or missionary is missing?